Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Fockers

PROS: If you think trilogies can't live up to originals then you CLEARLY missed Toy Story 3.  This trilogy won't top that one but it's a solid family comedy.  I caught myself laughing aloud more than once and if you loved the characters from the first two movies, you'll love them here too.

CONS: While I lust a good play on words, I couldn't stop my fists from clenching every time "GodFocker" or "Bobfather" was uttered.  I'm sure there are other bad puns but I probably blocked them out as a coping mechanism.  Jessica Alba was the biggest miscast "newcomer-wise."  While believable as a mistress, her comedic timing was as hard to watch as the scene where Owen Wilson mouth-rapes Barbara Streisand.  (Shudder)

RATING:  Better than expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment