Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gulliver's Travels

PROS: I laughed at a few scenes and the movie does have a good comedic cast.  The obvious being Jack Black (Year One, Nacho Libre, School of Rock) and Jason Segel (Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall).  The maybe not-so-obvious being Emily Blunt (Dan in Real Life, Devil Wears Prada, Wild Target), Amanda Peet (Saving Silverman, A Lot Like Love), Billy Connolly (Lemony Snickets) and T.J. Miller (She's Out of My League). 

CONS: The movie tried entirely too hard to be funny.  I felt like 80% of its punchlines could have been followed by the "buh-dum-ch" sound effect.  I didn't expect much of a plot, hell I've ignored the plot in most Jack Black movies because his facial expressions and comedic delivery are usually enough, but this one couldn't be ignored.  And I don't even want to discuss the movie's ending dance sequence!  Jack Black, if you're listening, this is your mulligan.

RATING: Skip this one and watch ANY of the comedies mentioned above instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment